[X4U] Tiger DVD burning: LAME!

Richard Gilmore rgilmor at uwo.ca
Wed Jan 18 08:00:54 PST 2006

Perhaps there's a problem with the burner? Is the machine still new/under
warranty? I use Toast and not the built in burn software. It has more
options and is more robust I find, but lots of other people I know use the
Apple supplied software without issue. If you have Toast try it. Also have
you tried going down from 4.11 GB to say 3.5 and see if that still produces
an error? Is it a DVD-R or +R I know it's supposed to burn both but I find
the -Rs are supported better. If none of that helps maybe you should look
into an exchange because generally they're pretty reliable.