[X4U] Final Cut Express HD for Intel?

Jim Robertson jamesrob at sonic.net
Wed Jan 18 11:53:57 PST 2006

Having tried all incantations I can imagine, I've just about given up on my
son's MDD dual G4 (nothing I've tried can stop the freezes - the one thing
the machine CAN do is run memtest forever, but how much use is that?

I'm now considering springing for a new Intel iMac, but the one high
intensity thing my son does with his computer is make movies. Currently he's
using Final Cut Express HD 3. I've just searched as much as I can in Apple's
website and discovered there's NO INFORMATION about whether a universal
binary will be made available for this application. Final Cut Studio, yes,
but no comments about Final Cut Express HD. I didn't think to ask this at
MWSF, because at the time I didn't realize I'd be in the market for another
computer this soon.

Has anyone heard anything about this?

Jim Robertson