[X4U] Final Cut Express HD for Intel?

netkat at comcast.net netkat at comcast.net
Wed Jan 18 12:00:02 PST 2006

two things:

tho I can't provide you with a link, I did see a
page on apple's site where FCE HD and FCP HD
had upgrade paths to Intel-based macs..IIRC, the
FCE upgrade was $99.

also, consider just getting him a G5 as the
prices for those outgoing Macs starts to fall. I
had a pair of DP 2Ghz G5s, and was deleriously
happy with their performance with FCP HD.

Now, I do everything on a Mac Mini (video, 3D
animation). It all gets done just fine..perhaps a
bit more slowly, but not massively so.

nk