[X4U] Refresh network connectivity

Mary C. Youra mcyoura at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jan 18 14:15:49 PST 2006

I'm on digest and wasn't really paying attention till I saw this last
statement, and remembered that I'd had a problem last fall with
lookupd. I wasn't the only one -- MacFixit had a bunch of folks
complaining, too--this all started happening last October shortly
after a Java update. Some smart person isolated it to ads from
js.adsonar.com appearing on common websites like abcnews.com. I said,
Bingo! Details here:

http://www.dreamlight.com/insights/bugs/Apple/lookupd.html

Someone else mentioned the Unlockupd as one thing to try, but
blocking the domain using terminal worked for me.

Mary