[X4U] One Safari advantage over Firefox..

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Sun Jan 29 08:18:57 PST 2006

At 9:07 AM -0500 1/29/06, DZ-Jay wrote:
>I don't see a problem with opening a group of bookmarks in Firefox.
>As a matter of fact, it seems to work the same was as Safari: you
>click on the "Open in tabs" entry at the end of the Bookmark folder.

I enjoyed your thoughtful post about why you prefer FireFox to
Safari. On this one  point, though, I want to point out a feature you
might have missed in Safari. If you have put folders in your Tab bar,
then if you open the bookmarks page (with the "book"  icon at the
left end of the Tab bar) then you can go to that tab's entry and on
the right side, in the middle column labeled "Auto-Click" you can
put a checkmark in any of those folder tabs and when you go back to a
web page you will see that you can open all the tabs in that folder
with a single click.

I use it all the time. This is a minor thing, compared to
right-clicking a folder tab, but it IS a nice feature and I don't see
that you can do it in FireFox.

Daly