[X4U] Homemade Uninstaller

Charles Howse chowse at charter.net
Sun Jan 29 11:42:08 PST 2006

Hi,
Even though I realize that leaving an app's 'Application Support' folder and
preferences plist don't impact performance much, I've been doing some
research on uninstallers for Mac applications, and they seem to be few and
far between.

When reading the reviews of the applications I did find, I always seemed to
find one person who said something like, "Just use Spotlight...".

So, I opened a Finder window, clicked my Tiger HD in the sidebar, pressed
cmd + f, and searched for any kind of file created within the last 3 days.
Once I had that done, I saved the search to the sidebar.

Now I can open that smart folder, edit the search for the number of days
back that I want to search, and enter the names and developers of the
software I want to trash, and voila!

Does anyone have a more elegant homemade way of uninstalling applications?
Any discussion on my way of doing it?

--
Thanks,
Charles