[X4U] Image degradation and KVM switches

Vard Nelson vnelson at detectgeo.com
Tue Jan 31 08:08:04 PST 2006

I do not notice any image degradation using a KVM switch.

The one disagreeable feature I have noticed is that both of my Mac machines (G4s) will occasionally freeze after switching the keyboard/monitor away and then back.  The PC on the switch has no such problem(!)  I suspect the brand of switch I am using (IOGEAR MiniView model) may be inferior and may send some unclean signals during switching.  Just a guess.  An associate uses Dr. Bott switches and has reported no problems at all.

Vard Nelson
Detect Geophysical