[X4U] OT: Belkin UPS

Linda XPressoBean at mac.com
Thu Jul 6 16:22:41 PDT 2006

On 7/6/06 6:06 PM, Neil wrote:

> It's about a year old, but I've had this problem all along.  I noticed it
> for the first time when the UPS was only about a month old.

Has the UPS ever worked correctly?

There ought to be a "test" button. When you push it, does it "pass"?

Q: If it has never worked correctly, did you hook up the battery when you
first purchased it? Not all UPS are ready to go out of the box. Some of them
require a little bit of prep before you can use them.

> This is 720VA, that should be plenty, right?

Dunno. The 750VA is just 400 watts, the 550VA is 330 watts, the 1100 is just
660 watts, so the number in the name is not necessarily the capacity. The
750VA is "geared toward entry level computers" according to Belkin's website
(I imagine the 750VA is an upgrade of your year-old 720VA). I'm not sure a
dual G5 qualifies as an entry level computer, or not. I'd double-check
whether you're overloading the beast.

~Linda