[X4U] Mac OS X Routine Maintenance

Shera shera at techunlimited.net
Sun Jul 9 15:03:06 PDT 2006

Point being, in the document that I found on apple's sight there is
some mention of a slight need to defrag when dealing with LARGE files.
But the average email reading, web browsing, itune listening Joe does
not need to and will find no improvement in defragging. And as the
document mentions it may even do more damage (ie slowing down the
computer)

As far as an anti-virus tool,  there are not enough Mac virus's out
there to get anyone interested in making a specific tool.

Try reading again:  http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=25668
Here's another one:  http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?
artnum=19516

The file system is very simular to that of linux and unix, and after
years of using both I have never had to defrag in anyway.  I am not
trying to start another email war here, just mentioning that not
everyone needs to run out and get a defrag program for fear of slow
computers that may loose their data.   Let the windows users do
that.  :)

-sHERA