[X4U] Re: X4U Digest, Vol 23, Issue 8

Anthony Rice tonyrice at usadatanet.net
Mon Jul 10 11:57:31 PDT 2006

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 7
> Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 13:46:32 -0400
> From: "Mary C. Youra" <mcyoura at ix.netcom.com>
> Subject: Re: [X4U] Printing problems
> To: "A place to discuss Mac OS X for the casual user."
> 	<x4u at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>
>
> Tony--
>
> Would you clarify something, please? Are you able to print text
> documents you create using OS X? Or is it only things from
> applications in Classic that you're having problems? Would you be
> more specific, please, about which applications (is this Appleworks,
> by chance?)--it might make a difference, especially if we're talking
> workarounds.  And what kind of printer is this new one?
>
> One other thing--what kind of Mac are you using?

Mary,

Right, Sorry. I should have thought to include that info.

   I am using a G3 firewire powerbook. The printer is an HP
Photosmart 7260. This was given to me, and I am considering getting a
better one. Any suggestions on that idea.

   I tried printing, in Classic, from WordPerfect and Nisus 6.0 also
tried Z-Write. Oh yeah, I tried ClarisWorks 4.0, too. OK, this is
some pretty old software. What can I say; I'm cheap. Well, actually,
I can't afford to go out and spend a couple  thousand dollars on new
software. I do want to use my graphic applications; Adobe
Illustrator, Photoshop, and Pagemaker. I could probably afford to get
a word processing app.

  The printer does work with TextEdit in OS X, but the print comes
out really small. I have to use an 18 pt., (Helvetica) font on screen
to get the printed page to look like 10 pt. And, yes I did reinstall
the printer software - twice.

   I probably should have partitioned the hard drive and installed
each OS on a different drive. I think I listened to the wrong advice.
Thanks,
Tony