[X4U] Re: X4U Digest, Vol 23, Issue 8

Philip J Robar philip.robar at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 12:18:29 PDT 2006

On Jul 10, 2006, at 11:57 AM, Anthony Rice wrote:

> The printer does work with TextEdit in OS X, but the print comes
> out really small. I have to use an 18 pt., (Helvetica) font on
> screen to get the printed page to look like 10 pt. And, yes I did
> reinstall the printer software - twice.

You need to switch to "Wrap to page" mode in TextEdit's Preferences
(changes the default for all documents) or the Format menu, otherwise
textedit will shrink your text as needed when printing to make it
look like it does on the screen. (You also need to choose the paper
size you're using from the Edit -> Page Setup... menu.)

> I probably should have partitioned the hard drive and installed
> each OS on a different drive. I think I listened to the wrong advice.

This is not the source of your problem.

Phil