[X4U] Re: X4U Digest, Vol 23, Issue 8

Mary C. Youra mcyoura at ix.netcom.com
Mon Jul 10 17:27:52 PDT 2006

On Jul 10, 2006, at 2:57 PM, Anthony Rice wrote:

>   I am using a G3 firewire powerbook. The printer is an HP
> Photosmart 7260. This was given to me, and I am considering getting
> a better one. Any suggestions on that idea.
>
>   I tried printing, in Classic, from WordPerfect and Nisus 6.0 also
> tried Z-Write. Oh yeah, I tried ClarisWorks 4.0, too. OK, this is
> some pretty old software. What can I say; I'm cheap. Well,
> actually, I can't afford to go out and spend a couple  thousand
> dollars on new software. I do want to use my graphic applications;
> Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and Pagemaker. I could probably
> afford to get a word processing app.
>
>  The printer does work with TextEdit in OS X, but the print comes
> out really small. I have to use an 18 pt., (Helvetica) font on
> screen to get the printed page to look like 10 pt. And, yes I did
> reinstall the printer software - twice.
>
>   I probably should have partitioned the hard drive and installed
> each OS on a different drive. I think I listened to the wrong advice.

Tony--

There's a chart here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/famiDocument?
lc=en&cc=no&dlc=no&product=15100&docname=bpm35007
that says the HP Photosmart 7260 can use OS 9 as well as OS X. That
may mean Classic needs that OS 9 driver installed separately, even
though you already have the OS X driver installed. You might want to
try downloading the OS 9 driver from the hp site (you can get a link
from the link above) and installing it while running Classic to see.
It's worth a shot. (It's my only thought, so I hope it works.)

Mary