[X4U] Very Odd Blank emails

Craig A. Finseth fin at finseth.com
Thu Jul 13 12:53:24 PDT 2006

   > I've recently noticed that I'm getting blank emails--no subject
   > line, no body text, and occasionally no sender listed. I'd been
   > getting a few of them off and on for a while, so when someone

Most blank mail messages are probes to determine whether an email
address is valid.  (Same goes for messages with a sentence or three of
random text.)

They're sent from zombies, so replying is pointless.  There's a
0.0...1% chance that adding the sending IP to your blacklist will
help: any actual spam to you will almost certainly be sent from a
different zombie.

Discard and move on with life.

Craig