[X4U] OT: Problem burning AVI files to DVD

Mark Des Cotes mark at astroprinting.com
Mon Jul 17 12:07:54 PDT 2006

Hi all,

OS 10.4.6, Using Roxio's Toast Titanium 6.0

I have a large AVI file I'd like to burn to DVD so that I can watch
it on TV using my DVD player. I've burnt DVD's from AVI files in the
past without any problems but this one file is giving me trouble. I
set it up to burn a High Quality NTSC DVD but when I click record I
get a message that the video format will be changed to PAL. My only
option is to click OK to continue or cancel. My DVD player doesn't
handle PAL disks. What am I missing? Is there something in the AVI
file that's preventing it from being burnt as a NTSC disk?

Mark