[X4U] 10.4 names resolving over IP network

Brett Conlon brett.conlon at sonydadc.com
Mon Jul 17 22:31:38 PDT 2006

Hi all,

My designers running 10.3 can type in the name of the Mac they want to
connect with and it will resolve the IP's under the hood (as OSX so
cleverly does) as long as they are on the same subnet.

Any machine on the same network running 10.4 has lost this ability. They
have to type in the full IP address (very boring for graphic designers).
Is there something I can do to get this back up and running again?

I'm running OSX Server on 10.3.9 in case that matters... I thought the
names resolving under OSX was done on the client level. Perhaps it is done
from the Server and I'll need to upgrade.

Any help is most appreciated.

Cheers,

Cojcolds