[X4U] Any all-in-one's that print both sides?

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Tue Jul 18 14:55:13 PDT 2006

On 18 Jul 2006, at 19:45, Rod Buchanan wrote:

>>> I recently bought a Canon Pixma MP500 multi-function (printer/
>>> copier/scanner, but no fax), which does very well with duplex
>
> Brother also makes some units that duplex.

I'll second the suggestions for both of these brands. I have a Canon
Pixima printer & a separate Canon scanner myself that I'm very
pleased with, and when they released the Pixima range of MFCs I did
spend a day or two lusting after them. Many of the European models of
Pixima do direct-to-disc CD-printing, which is really nice; Canon
disabled this feature on US models because it is patented by Epson
over there, however I believe there are some grey-importers that
offer them in the US.

For Christmas I bought my mother a Brother. I don't think that model
does duplex, but photo-quality is fine and with built-in networking
it was a bargain £75 or so. It was a breeze to set-up (umm... the
first time, at least) and scanning works over the network as well as
printing.

Stroller.