[X4U] Displaced Text in Safari

Mark Des Cotes mark at astroprinting.com
Thu Jul 20 05:28:25 PDT 2006

Dave,

I've had the same problem for years, going all the way back to my
first instal of Jaguar. The problem only occurs if Safari launches
before Suitcase is loaded. If I make sure that Suitcase is running
first I don't have the problem. I was also seeing the "alien code" in
Mail but only in the mail headers, the body and mailboxes appeared
fine. If Suitcase wasn't running before I launched Mail I couldn't
tell who a message was from. I set Suitcase up to launch
automatically upon startup and the problem went away.

As a side note, I just tested it by quitting Suitcase, Safari and
Mail and then opening Safari and Mail again without Suitcase running.
So far I don't see the "alien code". Perhaps Apple fixed something or
perhaps a font was re-installed when I upgraded to Tiger a couple of
months ago.

Mark Des Cotes
Systems Manager/Graphic Designer

Astro Printing Service (Cornwall) Ltd.
3308 Second Street East
Cornwall Ontario Canada  K6H 6J8
T (613) 932-9281 Ext 106,  F (613) 932-1052
www.astroprinting.com