[X4U] Java Versions

Lee Licata lazilicata at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 03:12:22 PDT 2006

Rod,

thanks.

In that folder, i have folders for versions 1.3, 1.3.1, 1.4, 1.4.2,
1.5, 1.50, A, Current, and CurrentJDK.

Alias folders 1.3, 1.4, and 1.5 point to 1.3.1, 1.4.2, and 1.5.0
respectively.

Alias folder Current points to Folder "A". (I cannot tell what
version resides in folder "A" but I have to presume (maybe very
wrong) that it is version 1.5.0.)

Alias folder CurrentJDK points to folder 1.5.0.

( I guess this makes sense to someone, because it sure does not to
me.) (But that is not the question....)

I thought I read somewhere, maybe when installing version 1.5 that
Apple was retaining version 1.4.2 because some sites have not updated
to version 1.5.

So, in your opinion, what versions, if any, can I toss?

TIA

Lee