[X4U] How to automate printing?

Mark Des Cotes mark at astroprinting.com
Thu Jun 8 10:30:43 PDT 2006

I've been given 70, 11" x 17"  PDF files. Each one is a single page.
I'd like to find an easy way to print them to our networked printer.
I tried creating a desktop printer and dragging them onto it. It
looks like it processes and looks like it's done but then nothing
happens at the printer. When I double click on the desktop printer
and check the completed job panel the status of the files is blank
(normally it would say finished). I also tried Automator. I created a
workflow that would print the files through Preview, but again the
files look like they print but nothing happens. I can open the files
in preview or Acrobat 7 Pro and print them without a problem but I
was hoping for an easier way than doing this 70 times.

Suggestions?

Mark Des Cotes
Systems Manager/Graphic Designer

Astro Printing Service (Cornwall) Ltd.
3308 Second Street East
Cornwall Ontario Canada  K6H 6J8
T (613) 932-9281 Ext 106,  F (613) 932-1052
www.astroprinting.com