[X4U] Any legal restrictions on CD songs as gift loaded on iPod

alexandre mac.k at a2k.ch
Fri Jun 16 00:18:00 PDT 2006

On 16 juin 06, at 03:10, John Richardson wrote:

> Hello,
>

> CD has been physically purchased at a music store.
>

> iTunes was used to import songs into the iTunes library.
>

> Songs were burned to a CD via Toast.
>

> Burned CD is designed as a gift (along with the new iPod.
>

> Can anyone think of any legal restrictions to the above procedure?

hi john
would you have asked the same question 15 years ago had you recorded
a tape and the gift were a walkman (and there was much less hype
about stealing music…)? probably not…

even though what you are doing is technically illegal, in my opinion
i consider it fair use of something i have bought. and believe me, i
BUY 98% of my music!

i wouldn't say the same thing about the university music library though…

best regards

alexandre
:: 17" 1.5ghz powerbook / 1.5gb / 100gb at 7200 / X.4.6 ::