[X4U] Any legal restrictions on CD songs as gift loaded on iPod

Craig A. Finseth fin at finseth.com
Fri Jun 16 06:11:06 PDT 2006

   CD has been physically purchased at a music store.

   iTunes was used to import songs into the iTunes library.

   Songs were burned to a CD via Toast.

   Burned CD is designed as a gift (along with the new iPod.

   Can anyone think of any legal restrictions to the above procedure?

As long as you also give the original CD along with the iPod, I don't
see any problems.

IMHO, this falls into the "technical infringement but damages are $0,
so no one in their right mind would bother considering this to be a
problem" category.

But then again, I'm not a lawyer nor do I play one on TV.

Craig