[X4U] Miscellaneous Dashboard Question

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Wed Jun 21 13:17:09 PDT 2006

Milton van der Veen said:

>You can also disable widgets using the command line as mentioned in
>the following MacOSXHint:
><http://snipurl.com/widget01>

Widgets Preference Pane (free)
http://www.ego-systems.com/Products/widgetsprefpane.html

is the ultimate way to control Dashboard.  It's free, dead easy to use,
no knowledge of the terminal is required, and it has a bunch of useful
features.

Features include closing a big security hole, allowing you to use widgets
on the desktop, and wallpaper in Dashboard.

I've noticed a performance increase when using Widgets Preferences Pane
to turn off Dashboard.

Randy B. Singer

I don't worry about terrorism. I was married for two years.
- Sam Kinison