[X4U] RAM/MacBook Pro question

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Thu Jun 22 17:03:56 PDT 2006

On 21 Jun 2006, at 20:55, eleventhvolume wrote:
> ...And is 1GB enough or will
> maxing the RAM help particularly with these relatively low system
> requirements?

The problem with the MacBooks is that they get faster performance
when using matched pairs of RAM in their two slots - I think it's
about 10% or 15%.

So if you upgrade to 2 x 512meg sticks you'll have to throw them away
(resell them, of course) should you wish to upgrade in the future.

I'm not sure if you see the benefit should you buy one 1gig stick now
and another from another batch or supplier in the future.

Stroller.