[X4U] Re: RAM/MacBook Pro question

jwarms at mac.com jwarms at mac.com
Thu Jun 22 10:36:13 PDT 2006

I really would like to see the material you read. If true, 3X is
worth a lot more
than one splat!!!!

My experiences with Excel and Word on a 512MB MacBook is that they
generally
appear to run at the same speed as on a 1.3GHz PBook. One real plus
is that
my spreadsheet, 16400 rows long, takes only 5 sec to save on the
MacBook,
compared to 15 sec on the PB. Now that's significant to me!! (I
assume Excel uses
some file system calls that have been converted to universal.)

However, there are occasional delays or pauses during some finder or
file type
activities that are annoying but not crippling.

I should receive 2GB of memory and a 7200 rpm drive today, so I'll
have a
before/after comparison soon.

But I would like to see that reference.

Jon