[X4U] Napster purchased songs cannot be converted to AAC for use on iPod

alexandre mac.k at a2k.ch
Thu Jun 22 15:43:44 PDT 2006

On 23 juin 06, at 00:02, Jens Selvig wrote:

> Is not using one of these programs to disable the DRM protection on
> a music file, about the same as stealing? To me it would be the
> equivalent of taking a copyright notice off of a photograph.
>
> If you don't like the DRM restrictions don't purchase the music. If
> enough customers choose to with hold their purchase of DRM'd music,
> the sellers will quickly alter their practice of locking up their
> music.

here we go again… ;-)

well, it's not exactly the same as stealing if you paid for the song.
john just wants to remove the drm to be able to play it on a player
of HIS choice (as opposed to microsoft or apple's choice…). if john
then duplicates the song and sends me a copy, then he's stealing…

i suggest we cool down when it comes to these over-hyped drm/copy/
downloading issues…

just my 2 cents

alexandre
:: 17" 1.5ghz powerbook / 1.5gb / 100gb at 7200 / X.4.6 ::