[X4U] firewire hub

Philip J Robar philip.robar at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 09:42:41 PDT 2006

On Jun 23, 2006, at 9:15 AM, Vard Nelson wrote:

> I agree with the remarks at the bottom. I have chained FireWire
> hard drives and optical drives for several years (only up to about
> three devices in a chain, however) with very little in the way of
> problems.

I didn't say there is a "problem" with daisy chaining FireWire
devices. I was only pointing out that all the devices on the chain
share the same bandwidth. This will only matter if you regularly use
more than one fast device at a time and even then you may not care or
notice - depending on what you're doing.

Phil