[X4U] Miscellaneous Dashboard Question

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Sat Jun 24 07:00:56 PDT 2006

On 24 Jun 2006, at 05:29, Nick Scalise wrote:

> I am posting to this public list, because you seem to have no honor
> and others need to see that. Though I suspect most on this list
> already know it.
>
> I am offended that you would call me an idiot to members of another
> list, and lie about what I said. I never apologized. I admitted
> that I did not see what you had quoted earlier.
>
> You can continue to assasinate my character as you wish, but sooner
> or later you will use up any good will you have managed to maintain.
>
> I will not see any of your replies.

Randy has done this before, vehemently arguing that:
   "to use every bit of available memory, ... is the sign of a well
written application."
        (10 September 2004 19:25:45 BST)
and eventually later retracting this statement whilst still
maintaining what an asshole I am.

Until I came to review his posts (if your list archive goes back that
far do a Spotlight for "From: randy" and "entire message contains:
memory", otherwise look at the list's archive on the web) I had
forgotten _quite_ how obnoxious & rude he was. I felt that in the
original instance I pointed out his mistake quite gently, and he
would have been able to retract it without embarassment but he
rapidly became quite insulting.

Even when corrected by other knowledgeable users he refused to
apologise and said that "that wasn't what I originally meant", even
though he had reinforced & clarified that position with a second
posting.

Randy appears to me to be knowledgeable on many practical aspects of
using a Mac, and because of the way he promotes this and his
authorship of a best-selling Mac book some years ago, causes me to
wonder if your statement "most on this list already know it" is true.
Nevertheless he is back to his old tricks, and he seems to have
revealed his character quite tellingly following your posting.

Stroller.