[X4U] Tolerance (was Spotlight and Address Book- Strange Behavior)

DZ-Jay dz at caribe.net
Mon Jun 26 03:23:27 PDT 2006

Hello:
	Good communication skills are essential in order to convey your ideas
properly; and in this overly-connected world, doubly so.  The
trivialization of language, English or otherwise, seems to be a common
problem in the modern, networked world.  For some reason people regard
E-mail as a "different" medium, using as excuse long-standings myths
such as the lack of emotional context, and the speed of communications;
forgetting, somehow, thousands of years of written words expressing all
sorts of human traits, ideas, and sensibilities.

	I understand that English is not your native language, however the
mistakes in your message are consistent with the current trend of
commonly misspelled words in American youths, which is a sign of either
laziness or lack of instruction.  The comments on the response by Mr.
Steinke address both:  the former by admonishing the practice, the
latter by explaining the mistakes.  You should heed the advice and move
on.  This is not a matter of "intolerance", as you claim, for it is not
tolerance but apathy that is exercised when such errors are ignored.

	dZ.