[X4U] Tolerance (was Spotlight and Address Book- Strange Behavior)

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Mon Jun 26 20:58:06 PDT 2006

At 3:14 PM -0700 6/26/06, keith_w wrote:
>Ronald Steinke wrote:
>>
>>End of rant. My apologies to the rest of the list for going so far
>>off subject.

If you think it's off topic, then please don't  post it.

>I think _you're_ intolerant, and out of line.

Me, too. I admire people who jump in there and participate even when
they are not sure of themselves, but want to communicate.

If I were in that position, I would be trusting the good will of the
people receiving my communication, just as I trust the good will of
people in foreign countries when I try to speak their language.

I hope this topic goes away. It is ugly and small-minded and bigoted
and does not serve to enhance this list. Who knows what good
contributions we could be missing because non-native-English speakers
are put off by the attacks and criticism. Shall they go away until
they have mastered every subtlety of our language (something neither
you nor I has done) before they try to ask for some help? Is that the
price of entry here?

Daly