[X4U] Tolerance (was Spotlight and Address Book- Strange Behavior)

Richard Gilmore rgilmor at uwo.ca
Tue Jun 27 06:18:38 PDT 2006

On 26/6/06 6:14 PM, "keith_w" <keith_w at dslextreme.com> wrote:

> Ronald Steinke wrote:
>> On 26 June, 2006, at 5:12:24, alexandre wrote:
>>
>>>  have you ever heard of the concept of "english as a foreign language"
>>> where spelling mistakes are NOT due to laziness or lack of instruction
>>> (at least not in the sense in which you mean itŠ)?
>

>> I beg your pardon, but, when you speak in a language that is not your
>> native tongue do you try to use proper pronunciation? When you write in
>> another language, do you also try to use the proper spelling and
>> punctuation?
>
> [...]
>
>> This behavior makes you "Cool" because it shows that you are only
>> thinking of yourself and to hell with the rest of the world because you
>> want to do what you want to do. If anyone tries to tell you that you are
>> making too much noise, you just "flip them off" and continue your
>> disrespectful behavior.
>>
>> Thank you for perpetrating disrespect, ignorance, and laziness.
>>
>> End of rant. My apologies to the rest of the list for going so far off
>> subject.
>
> I think _you're_ intolerant, and out of line.

Yes 100%. This rant has been bugging me for a day now and a tirade against
Ronald Steinke will do nothing except raise my blood pressure and further
contribute to the noise and flaming on this list, which is totally gotten
out of hand. But I have to say this is one of the most ignorant and mean
spirited posts I have ever read. Disgusting. And I will comment no further
because I want the flames to end.

Richard Gilmore