[X4U] OT: Question on cross posting and copyright infringement

Linda XPressoBean at mac.com
Mon Jun 26 22:30:53 PDT 2006

On 6/27/06 12:21 AM, William Jurgenson wrote:

> Email is private communication.

But, when email -- such as this list -- is archived on the web and can be
read with a few clicks, is it still considered private?

I don't have an answer, I'm curious to know how you rectify this with your
argument.

> When quoting from a published source, it is only necessary to be exact
> and to give the complete source.

Actually, some authors/artists/syndicates charge $$ for
reprinting/reproducing part of their work. Again, I'm sure the $$ charge is
for more substantial use than simply "quoting", but not everyone is aware of
the differences, so perhaps it's worth mentioning.