[X4U] Re: X4U] Tolerance

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Wed Jun 28 17:36:22 PDT 2006

On 06/28/06, Eugene <list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net> opined:
> On Wed, Jun 28, 2006 at 08:44:55AM CDT, Robert Ameeti <robert at ameeti.net>
>wrote:
> :
> : Using the excuse of 'english as a foreign
> : language' does not explain away the laziness
> : shown by purposefully not using correct
> : capitalization. That is pure laziness.
>
> I always found capitalization to be a useless feature of
> the English language.  Apple must certainly agree with me,
> because HFS+ is case-insensitive.  :-)

Just one man's opinion. Since English only requires capitalizing the first word
of a sentence and proper names, capitalizing in English clarifies where the
sentences begin and removes ambiguity when discerning proper names from common
terms. E.g., "I bought it at Home Depot" and "I caught the train at my home
depot."