[X4U] Re: X4U] Tolerance

Eugene list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Thu Jun 29 00:09:42 PDT 2006

On Wed, Jun 28, 2006 at 07:36:22PM CDT, John Baltutis <baltwo at san.rr.com> wrote:
: On 06/28/06, Eugene <list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net> opined:
: > On Wed, Jun 28, 2006 at 08:44:55AM CDT, Robert Ameeti <robert at ameeti.net> wrote:
: > :
: > : Using the excuse of 'english as a foreign
: > : language' does not explain away the laziness
: > : shown by purposefully not using correct
: > : capitalization. That is pure laziness.
: >
: > I always found capitalization to be a useless feature of
: > the English language.  Apple must certainly agree with me,
: > because HFS+ is case-insensitive.  :-)
:
: Just one man's opinion. Since English only requires capitalizing the first word
: of a sentence and proper names, capitalizing in English clarifies where the
: sentences begin and removes ambiguity when discerning proper names from common
: terms. E.g., "I bought it at Home Depot" and "I caught the train at my home
: depot."

Capitalization doesn't clarify things when you speak it.
When a person speaks, can you honestly distinguish what
words are in caps and what words are not?

--
Eugene
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/