[X4U] bluetooth phone

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Thu Jun 29 04:53:13 PDT 2006

On 29 Jun 2006, at 09:08, Mitchell Senft wrote:

> On Jun 28, 2006, at 9:46 AM, x4u-
> request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com wrote:
>
>> Once you have paired the phone with the Mac using the Bluetooth Steup
>> Assistant it may be possible to transfer the file in a number of ways
>> - by browsing the phone from the Mac, by browsing the Mac from the
>> phone, or by using the phone to "beam" the file to the Mac. Depending
>> on the phone some or all of these options may be available & work.
>
> And how is any of this actually done?

In my Mac's system preferences, under Bluetooth I have "Show
Bluetooth status in the menu bar" ticked, so I can click on the
bluetooth icon next to the clock and choose "Browse device".

As for sending from the phone to the Mac, I couldn't tell you without
reading the phone's manual. I;m by no means an expert on bluetooth,
but with some experimentation & fiddling have generally managed to
achieve file-transfer and the like using two or three different phones.

Stroller.