[X4U] Web browser copying of formatted data/tables to spreadsheet cells?

Barbara Alfors balfors at kaadesigngroup.com
Wed Mar 1 09:04:07 PST 2006

Hi Michael,

Michael Elliott wrote:

> I typically would log into the site, select all of my credit card
> transactions in the table they provided, and pasted it into  AppleWorks
> without any fuss.  IF I used Internet Explorer.  Safari  would always paste
> all of the information in a single column, instead  of into the individual
> cells of the spreadsheet, which I wanted.
>
> Now, when I launch Explorer under Rosetta, I can't seem to click-drag-
> to-select and then copy the data.  I've tried several other browsers  (opera
> under Rosetta, omniweb, firefox under rosetta) but all of them  screw with
> the formatting when i paste into the spreadsheet.

I thought the problem might be the new Chase website, so I tested it for
you.  I'm still on 10.3.9, and if I used apple-a to select, instead of
click-drag, I was able to see the results you described using IE and Excel
(I don't have AppleWorks).  I was NOT able to click-drag on the site, though
- it just kept giving me another web page instead of selecting the text.

If selecting the text itself is the problem, try select all.  If that's not
the problem, then it might be Rosetta, because it works fine here.

-Barbara