[X4U] Weird CD-R writing problem

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Thu Mar 2 16:28:17 PST 2006

> I've seen patterns on CD's that I have burned lately too. For me the
> pattern is rings that are about 1/2 inch in diameter and they
> alternate in shade. Kind of like how you see grass cut on a baseball
> field. Everything verified fine.
>
> My disks are old also, but probably not much more than a year.

These were probably a quarter of an inch or less, and the disks that were
actually older burned just fine.

I'm concerned as I don't know if this is an indication of a problem with my
SuperDrive (Pioneer A06, IIRC), or if it was a problem with the media.
The two that failed were the last two on the spindle, so I can't experiement
any with that batch of media.

		Zane