[X4U] Browser for ftp?

Joe Block jpb at apesseekingknowledge.net
Thu Mar 2 12:24:48 PST 2006

On Mar 1, 2006, at 8:51 AM, Stroller wrote:

> On 4 Feb 2006, at 11:59, Daly Jessup wrote:
>> ....I forwarded port 80 on my Airport to my local IP address on my
>> Mac. The dav folder comes up perfectly here on my mac, using
>> http://localhost.dav
>>
>> But at work, if I put "http://[myhomeipaddress]/dav" into a
>> browser, it fails to reach the dav folder saying something about
>> the client could not connect to the remote folder.
>
> Check that your port-forwarding is working. From home visit http://
> grc.com & see what ShieldsUp! reports of port 80, or from work
> `telnet myhomeipaddress 80`.

Check that your broadband provider isn't blocking port 80. I ended up
having to move my home server to a different port because Brighthouse
was blocking 80.

jpb
--
Joe Block <jpb at ApesSeekingKnowledge.net>

Jane - Daria? Come on, the neighbors are starting to talk.
Daria - Um... good. Soon they'll progress to cave drawings and
civilization will be on its way.