[X4U] Transferring two old, to one new Mac?

Mark Des Cotes mark at astroprinting.com
Fri Mar 3 05:40:57 PST 2006

Hi all,

I'm picking up a new iMac G5 later today. I understand that at home I
can just connect my old iMac to it via Firewire and transfer my old
settings and files to the new computer. I'd also like to transfer my
iTunes and iPhoto libraries from here at work to my new home computer.
What's the best way to merge the two list together? Will iTunes and
iPhoto on the new computer recognize all the ratings and comments I've
added to the songs and pictures here at work? And will the fact that
I'm running Panther (10.3.9) both at work and on my old iMac make a
difference when transferring to Tiger on the new one?

Thanks

Mark Des Cotes
Systems Manager/Graphic Designer

Astro Printing Service (Cornwall) Ltd.
3308 Second Street East
Cornwall Ontario Canada  K6H 6J8
T (613) 932-9281 Ext 106,  F (613) 932-1052
www.astroprinting.com