[X4U] New Intel or G5?

Steve Self steveself at mac.com
Sun Mar 5 16:31:31 PST 2006

I have a friend who is a basic user (no video, no photoshop, no
inDesign, no Aperture...) and wants to get a new computer. I told him
to get either the MacBookPro or the new Intel iMac. He was just about
to pull the trigger, and was cautioned not to by a couple of power
users who told him there were problems with the units.

Now from what he is going to do (writing, email, internet, some pics,
some music) i cannot see a downside to going Intel.

Did I just drink too deeply from the Cupertino koolaid?  Am I missing
something?

Or are the power users too concerned with minor issues that do not
effect him?

Steve