[X4U] HP 1610 ink refill

Lee Licata lazilicata at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 05:52:57 PST 2006

Try some of the suggestions here:

http://www.vamex.com/troubleshooting_faq.htm

But, it may be that one just has to live with it.

Lee

Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 20:35:05 -0800
From: RR <robertr71 at san.rr.com>
Subject: [X4U] HP 1610 ink refill
To: "A place to discuss Mac OS X for the casual user."
	<x4u at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>

Ok, I have an iMac G5 and picked up one of those HP 1610 printers
real cheap.  The ink finally ran out and I refilled the cartridge,
which was a trivial exercise.  Now I notice the HP utility shows that
the cartridge is still empty, but prints like new.  I haven't been
able to find the secret to resetting the ink level.  The best I could
find was to rotate the ink refills between 3 cartridges.  I'm cheap,
I don't want to buy two more cartridges.

Anybody have any suggestions?