[X4U] iWebb -> iMess

Charles Howse chowse at charter.net
Tue Mar 7 08:08:05 PST 2006

Hi,
I recently used iWeb to create a website, published to a folder, and
uploaded to my webserver.
No .Mac involved.

It looked great in iWeb, but when viewed in Safari and Firefox on my
machine, it looked like this:  http://bubbabbq.homeunix.net/mess.tiff

I wrote a friend, asked him to look at it, and he commented that it
looked fine in WinXP and FreeBSD (didn't say which browser, but I
assumed IE and Konqueror).

On inspection of the actual code, iWeb had inserted characters in the
code that Safari and Firefox (at least on my box) couldn't
understand. See below.

I was able to clean it up using TextEdit's find and replace, and have
switched to DreamWeaver for further work.
This presents a problem for me, however.  I would like to continue to
work in iWeb because the blog and navigation bar updating is automatic.

Has anyone else had this problem?
Any comments on how to avoid this?

Thanks,
Charles