[X4U] Upgrading an older iBook query

Steve Talkowski stevetalkowski at mac.com
Thu Mar 9 13:34:31 PST 2006

On Mar 9, 2006, at 4:23 PM, alexandre wrote:

> but the ibook definitely needs a ram upgrade whatever flavour of
> mac os 10 she's running.
>
> but from what i can tell, it's a 900mhz g3 ibook from late (august)
> 2003. max ram is 640mb (original 128 + 512) if i'm not mistaken.

Thanks Alexander.

I did seek out lowendmac.com and discovered it was, in fact, a 2003
iBook.

Kinda bummed out that it only maxes out at 640MB.   Will this, plus
Tiger, be sufficient to run Photoshop in this configuration?  I don't
think she can afford a new computer at this point in time.

-Steve, still happily running my fourth powerbook (15" 1.5GHz 1GB) in
6 years, starting with the original 500MHz TiBook.