[X4U] Upgrading an older iBook query

alexandre mac.k at a2k.ch
Thu Mar 9 14:42:08 PST 2006

On Mar 9, 2006, at 10:34 PM, Steve Talkowski wrote:

> On Mar 9, 2006, at 4:23 PM, alexandre wrote:
>
>> but the ibook definitely needs a ram upgrade whatever flavour of
>> mac os 10 she's running.
>>
>> but from what i can tell, it's a 900mhz g3 ibook from late
>> (august) 2003. max ram is 640mb (original 128 + 512) if i'm not
>> mistaken.
>
> Thanks Alexander.
>
> I did seek out lowendmac.com and discovered it was, in fact, a 2003
> iBook.
>
> Kinda bummed out that it only maxes out at 640MB.   Will this, plus
> Tiger, be sufficient to run Photoshop in this configuration?  I
> don't think she can afford a new computer at this point in time.

steve

my brother has exactly the same config' (tiger, 640mb etc). i've used
it a few times and it's still a great machine: fine for entry-level
graphic work (working with picts from a digicam, webdesign, layouts
in indesign, etc). obviously if your friend is a pro graphic
designer, then a ram upgrade may not be enough!

hth

alexandre
:: 17" 1.5ghz powerbook / 1.5gb / 100gb at 7200 / X.4.5 ::