[X4U] Just curious, Emptying trash

Mark Des Cotes mark at astroprinting.com
Mon Mar 13 11:49:30 PST 2006

Hi all,

I'm just curious. Back in the days of pre-OSX, if you had a lot of
items in the trash to delete you could hold down the Command and Option
keys to speed up the Empty process (I think it was those keys). Is
there anything in X that allows you to do this? I know that holding the
Option key while choosing Empty trash still allows locked files to be
deleted. I'm doing some pre-spring cleaning and had over 50,000 files
in the trash. It took over five minutes to empty. Not that I was in a
hurry or anything. As I said, I'm just curious.

Mark Des Cotes
Systems Manager/Graphic Designer

Astro Printing Service (Cornwall) Ltd.
3308 Second Street East
Cornwall Ontario Canada  K6H 6J8
T (613) 932-9281 Ext 106,  F (613) 932-1052
www.astroprinting.com