[X4U] Just curious, Emptying trash

Doug McNutt douglist at macnauchtan.com
Mon Mar 13 14:22:05 PST 2006

At 14:49 -0500 3/13/06, Mark Des Cotes wrote:
>I'm just curious. Back in the days of pre-OSX, if you had a lot of items in the trash to delete you could hold down the Command and Option keys to speed up the Empty process

Just OPTION would do it.

> (I think it was those keys). Is there anything in X that allows you to do this?

I have been known to forget about Apple's trash completely. In fact I don't remember where the dock resides. Just a folder on each disk for trash. To empty it go to Terminal.app, or  in my case a BBEdit worksheet, cd to your trash folder and rm *. It's instantaneous. If I didn't have BBEdit I would write an AppleScript to do it with no typing involved..

--
--> If  it's not  on  fire  it's  a  software  problem. <--