[X4U] Just curious, Emptying trash

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Mon Mar 13 15:46:30 PST 2006

At 3:22 PM -0700 3/13/06, Doug McNutt wrote:

>I have been known to forget about Apple's trash completely. In fact
>I don't remember where the dock resides. Just a folder on each disk
>for trash. To empty it go to Terminal.app, or  in my case a BBEdit
>worksheet, cd to your trash folder and rm *. It's instantaneous. If
>I didn't have BBEdit I would write an AppleScript to do it with no
>typing involved..

So you are not talking about the OS X GUI interface at all. But you
tweaked my curiosity. Could you explain what you mean by "BBEdit
worksheet"? I've just had a pleasant excursion into BBEdit Help but
don't find the answer there, at least not in those words. I gather
you are using some aspect of BBEdit AS "terminal"?

Daly