[X4U] Updating Safari with old Bookmarks

Brett Conlon/HU/AU/SonyDADC brett.conlon at SonyDADC.com
Tue Mar 14 17:20:37 PST 2006

Hi all,

I've recently rebuilt my Laptop's OS (10.4.5 to 10.4.5) and I'm trying to
drag my old Bookmarks.plist file to replace the new one in
~/Library/Safari. The old file is 153k and the new one is 4k. Howefer,
when I launch Safari none of my old bookmarks appear and when I quit
Safari the replaced Bookmarks file goes from 153k back to 4k.

I can open the bookmarks file into Text Edit and see my bookmarks, along
with lots of code-like references but before I try transplant surgery on
it I thought there may be a more appropriate way to achieve this.

Many thanks,

Coj