[X4U] Updating Safari with old Bookmarks - SUCCESS

Brett Conlon/HU/AU/SonyDADC brett.conlon at SonyDADC.com
Tue Mar 14 19:53:48 PST 2006

Hi Daly,

Unfortunately your suggestion also didn't work. There must be something
corrupted in my Bookmarks.plist file.

... BECAUSE ...

As a last desperate attempt I did a search on my computer (including my
old ~/Library folder) for "Bookmarks.plist" and a 508K file dated to 8th
Feb showed up inside a folder I never knew existed:

~/Library/Application Support/SyncService/LastSync Data/Safari"

Does anyone know what created this? Is it a "backup" feature of Safari?

I loaded that into my ~/Library/Safari folder and when I launched Safari
my bookmarks were there!!! I may have added a few since 8th of Feb but I'm
stoked I didn't lose the lot.

The original Bookmarks file that I was trying (152k) is only a shadow of
the size of the working file (508k) so it looks like the original file is
most likely a dud!

Anyway I'm travelling again, woohoo!

My next challenge is to see why Retrospect is barely backing up my hard
drive. When I looked at my backup to retrieve an older Bookmarks file to
my dismay the Users Library folder was almost completely empty!!!!

Thanks everyone for your suggestions!

Cheers,

Coj

Daly Jessup <jessup at san.rr.com>
Sent by: x4u-bounces at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
15/03/06 02:06 PM
Please respond to
"A place to discuss Mac OS X for the casual user."
<x4u at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>

"A place to discuss Mac OS X for the casual user."
<x4u at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>
cc

Subject
Re: [X4U] Updating Safari with old Bookmarks

I think you should take the new bookmarks.plist out to the Desktop to
back it up, for what it's worth. Then drag in your old bookmarks
plist in its place. But don't do the "replace" thing.

Daly