[X4U] Wireless printing

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Fri Mar 17 05:35:03 PST 2006

At 9:49 AM +0000 3/17/06, Simon Forster wrote:
>On 17 Mar 2006, at 00:35, Paul Moortgat wrote:
>
>>The question:
>>   I recently purchased, installed and am using a Linksys wireless
>>router with my Windows laptop. I have the Mac desktop and two
>>printers networked and connected to the router, but I can't "see"
>>the Mac or the printers wirelessly.
>>   Have you any experience with this?
>>   I've contacted Linksys, but they don't support their wireless
>>routers for network printing. I'm certain this can be done, but my
>>efforts have failed. Can you help me, or steer me in the direction
>>of help?

Have you turned on "Windows Sharing" in the Sharing Pref Pane on the
Mac?  This is just a guess, but perhaps it would help to install
Bonjour for Windows on the PC. You can read about it here:
<http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/bonjourforwindows102.html>

And here's a page of tech support answers about Bonjour for Windows,
in case it doesn't work "out of the box".

<http://search.info.apple.com/?search=Go&lr=lang_en&kword=&type=ktech+OR+klearn&q=bonjour%20windows>

Daly