[X4U] Interrupted OSX install on drive and now it's full of bad blocks?

Robert Nicholson robert at elastica.com
Sun Mar 26 05:20:07 PST 2006

So yesterday I was installing OSX Tiger on an external drive in order
to run Disk Warrrior and I decided half thru installation that I'd
rather partition the drive and only use up a portion instead so I
cancelled the installation by hard reset and now the hard drive won't
initialize in Disk Utility and so far the surface scan test reports
28000+ bad blocks. What is the likelihood that my actions could have
caused this?